National Council & Management Committee Meeting17/05/2017 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Want to feature your Hotel on our site? Click HERE
The Malton Hotel
- Senior manager of the Sales Department & Events. Overseeing that incoming business is maximised and managed efficiently by the department, from enquiry stage through to handover to operations on client’s arrival. Liaising with clients while in-house and post-event/stay to target for new business.
- Provide leadership and oversee day-to-day operations within Sales Department, to ensure company’s standards are maintained and strategic and revenue goals are achieved.
- Establish standard operating procedures for the department to maximise efficiency and revenue achievement.
- Work with Group Leisure Sales & Marketing Manager & Group Corporate Sales Manager as hotel based liaison to meet existing clients & prospective clients in order to convert business.
- Establish performance goals and action plans for Sales & Events Department employees and monitor performance on a continual basis.
- Oversee all hiring and training of personnel within the Sales & Events Department.
- Meeting with and establishing positive relationships with clients, VIPs and key other influencers.
- Host FAM trips & conduct showrounds (including evening and weekend events).
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the overall budgeted revenue for the hotel, through strategic planning and tactical activities.
- To compile weekly and monthly reports for communication to the department & management as required.
- To attend Revenue and Sales meetings, prepare relevant revenue reports and take action as agreed.
- To prepare reports and attend monthly Hayfield Family Collection Sales and Marketing meetings and take action as required.
- Managing the Sales and Events Teams to ensure budgeted targets are achieved.
- Manage and maximise revenue from existing & potential distribution channels.
- Manage and communicate departmental incentives & update personnel regularly so all relevant staff are aware of targets and incentives.
- Establish a culture of cross selling & proactive liaison with colleagues within the company’s hotels.
- To manage the sales lead process within the hotel and action all sales leads.
- Forecasting & Budgeting.
- Maintain statistical and financial records.
- To ensure the hotel PMS & hotel databases are maintained and developed.
- Proactive and driven with the ability to meet and exceed targets
- Self-motivated with a desire to succeed in a challenging environment
- The ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve
- Strong understanding of hotel operations, especially large scale events
- Outgoing personality with the ability to build strong relationships with customers