National Council & Management Committee Meeting17/05/2017 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Want to feature your Hotel on our site? Click HERE
Harlequin Hotel Castlebar are currently recruiting for a Receptionist to join the team.
Harlequin Hotel is a 4-star hotel in the heart of Castlebar town.The Harlequin restaurant serves a mix of traditional Irish and international cuisines using local ingredients. All of Harlequin's rooms are designed to be both comfortable and stylish with Hypno beds in each room to ensure a good nights sleep.
Reporting to the hotel’s Front Office Manager, you will be a professional and polished individual with excellent communication and presentation skills. The successful candidate will have at least 1 – 2 years hotel reception experience. You will demonstrate excellent customer service as well as the initiative required to multi task in this busy environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- To greet guests in a warm, friendly manner
- To check in and out guests efficiently and quickly
- Answer switchboard and telephone in a friendly, professional manner, transferring calls to correct extensions and dealing with requests
- To take reservations correctly, noting any special requests
- To promote and sell the Hotel's facilities at all times
- To ensure billing is correctly done to the agreed standards
- To deal with any guest complaints, queries and suggestions quickly and efficiently.
- To handle all departmental floats and safe deposits, maintaining high levels of security
- To adhere to all Company policies including Customer Care, Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Cash Handling etc
- Effective communication with other employees to ensure the day to day business runs smoothly
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have previous experience in a similar role in a hotel
- Be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of service
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi task
- Must be standards driven and detail orientated, with the desire to progress within the hospitality industry
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Communicate fluently in English (written & oral).
The role will involve shift work meaning you will be required to work 5 days out of a 7 day week (weekend work also will be involved)
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV by email to Áine in strictest confidence.