National Council & Management Committee Meeting17/05/2017 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Want to feature your Hotel on our site? Click HERE
The Harlequin Hotel Castlebar are currently recruiting for a General Manager to join the team
Harlequin Hotel is a 4-star hotel in the heart of Castlebar town.The Harlequin restaurant serves a mix of traditional Irish and international cuisines using local ingredients. All of Harlequin's rooms are designed to be both comfortable and stylish with Hypno beds in each room to ensure a good nights sleep.
Reporting directly to PREM Group's Operations Manager for Ireland. The General Manager of The Harlequin Hotel will have responsibility for the overall management of the property through effective leading, planning and organising to ensure that the hotel’s objectives are achieved in terms of revenue levels, high quality standards of product and service, profitability, operational efficiency and guest satisfaction.
Duties will include;
- To prepare draft annual budgets with the nominated financial controller for submission to the Operations Manager & Group Financial Controller.
- To be responsible for the revenue and expenditure, in each department, to achieve optimum financial efficiency in line with budget.
- To achieve or improve on the hotel’s budgeted financial plan by driving sales, controlling costs and managing expenditure.
- To submit reports for financial accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- To submit weekly revenue forecasts.
- To ensure good processes in terms of cash and stock control.
- To reduce public and employer liability risk by ensuring vigilance in the area of health and safety process management.
- To manage the upkeep of the property, including ongoing required capital expenditure projects.
- To ensure optimum processes for sourcing and utilising customer feedback for product improvement and team performance.
- To ensure the product and service offering is constantly reviewed to ensure it is exceeding customer expectations and retains an edge over competitors.
- To regularly walk the premises and ensure that public areas are maintained well, and meet customer needs and expectations.
- To regularly take time to meet and greet guests, request feedback and ensure your management team does likewise.
- To convene regular, structured management meetings to share day to day information as well as keeping the team involved and aware of strategic goals and company vision.
- To ensure communication with the entire hotel team on a regular basis through attendance at department meetings and general team meetings.
- To promote good communication between departments.
- To ensure that all aspects of the hotel’s operation are in accordance with the prevailing statutory regulations, particularly in relation to licencing, employment and health and safety.
Health & Safety:
- To ensure that the hotel’s Health and Safety Policy Statement is updated on a regular basis and that all team members fully understand it’s content.
- To assume overall responsibility for the health and safety of all team members ensuring that they are aware and comply with legal and statutory requirements relating to hygiene, fire, health and safety.
- To assume overall responsibility for the health and safety of visitors and guests on the premises.
- To be aware of company insurance details and procedures on reporting accidents and incidents.
- To create an environment where team members feel the work they do is valued and contributes to overall success of the hotel.
- To ensure that PREM Group’s policies on equality and dignity at work are consistently upheld by all team members within the group.
- To promote a culture of learning and development amongst the team where all members feel that they are fully equipped to work to their best potential within their roles.
- To support those who wish to progress their careers within the group by encouraging them to seek opportunities and support within the group for learning, development and career progression.
The successful candidate will have:
- General management experience within the hotel industry.
- Strong ability to manage maintenance and capex
- An ability to work with and understand financial reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- High standards as paramount when it comes to customer focus
- A pro-active and multi-tasking approach to work
- Strong yield management skills
- Excellent people management and communication skills
If this sounds like it might be a good opportunity for you to join a progressive team with superb career opportunities, then this could be the role for you!
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV by email to Sarah Marr Group HR Manager in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org